Monday, July 25, 2005

Worst Weekend to move EVER

Do you know what I just noticed? We are moving on Labor Day weekend. The good part: We have three days off to move and unpack. The bad part: It's Labor Day Weekend, meaning that I will most likely be moving by myself. I can't expect my friends to drop their plans for the long weekend in order to come over and haul my shit around. At least I have my van now, so I can get alot of stuff moved by myself. I still plan on hiring movers for the big stuff. If you want to help, that's great, but I really don't expect anyone to give up a long weekend on my account. I'll have a whole day to get all of the little stuff moved, so I should be OK. If you want to help, I won't turn it down, but I don't expect it. I do need help with my storage sheds, but I can probably get my friend Rick to help me on a different day. We have dining room furnature in storage and need a pick up truck to get it moved (the table won't fit in my van). I also have no idea how to get my porch swing over to the new place. I guess I'll have to take it apart.

The most fun about getting this new place is now we get to go shopping for new stuff that we need. We don't really need alot, but with the bigger house, we have a few things that are needed to fill all of the rooms:

1. Since I'll be working from home, I'll need a bigger desk for my work computer. We're all about multi tasking here at Nationwide, so I need two monitors. You need a wide desk for two monitors. Thankfully, they are not too expensive these days.

2. Since we have a dining room and a big kitchen, we need a new kitchen table. Nothing huge, just something to have in the kitchen. I'll probably check out Big Lots or something like that. I'd love to get a nice oak table, but we are limited on funds.

3. We ned a new washer and dryer. The ones that we have are on their last leg. I'm hoping that the guy buying our house doesn't mind that I am abandoning out old washer and dryer. They still work, just not as well as we'd like.

4. The major draw back to out back yard it that it's not fenced. We'll eventually add a privacy fence back there. It shouldn't be too bad. You can get panels of fencind at Lowe's for pretty cheap. Then you just need to install the panels.

5. We are going to let Noah have the big bed that we have in the basement right now and then give Gabriel the bed that Noah's using. So, for when we have people over for the night (usually my parents) I am going to get a foton. That way we'll have a couch for the basement and a place for people to sleep. Those are pretty cheap too (at least compared to a new bed).

We'll and get new stuff for the kitchen (like a new coffee maker and other little things here and there). I like shopping for new toys.

My fun time or tomorrow is that I get to go on a home inspection of our new place. Potentially, it could be a drag since I may have to take all of the kids with me, but I am hoping that our baby sitter will be able to watch them for a few hours. If she can watch them, I will be free to look at every nook and cranny of our new place. Good times!

No comments: