Saturday, July 09, 2005

Free Car Show (and I don't even have to go anywhere, sorta)

This weekend is one of the coolest weekends of the year and is one of the reasons that I will miss living at my house. Every year, there is a HUGE car show at the fair grounds and every year I reap the one benefit of living off of a road with tons of hotels. People all across the country (or at least the tri-state area) flock to Columbus to show of their pretty hot rods. Let me tell you, there are some SWEET cars out there. So, for this weekend, every time I drive anywhere (to the store, to work, etc.) I get a free car show as the hot rods a muscle cars make their way to the show. The hotel parking lots are basically a free version of the car show because everyone wants to show of their cars. I'm talking vintage Corvettes, Cameros, Mustangs, and a whole list of hot rods that I couldn't even hope to name. My buddy John has a sweet car that he takes to the show every year. I'm pretty sure it's a Ford coupe. It's nice though. Gabriel was so funny Thursday night. We were driving around looking at houses (we had a showing of our house that night)and every time we passed another hot rod he'd point it out and say, 'Look, another one!' He gets so excited about cars. It got to the point where we'd pass a '92 Toyota Carolla and he'd say, "Another green one, right there!" He's so funny some times. Kids are great (98% of the time).

No comments: