Sunday, July 31, 2005

Amy's party

Well, last night was Amy's birthday party at Gameworks. I was happy to see that Woody and Moe were able to come up for the festivities. It was good to catch up a bit. We ate, we drank, we made merry......we also got one hour game passes. That was pretty fun. I likes the sit down race game that we all played first. I sucked at it though. I don't know how real racing is, but it seems to me that it was too easy to spin out in that game. Probably to make interesting crash scenes for people to watch. I think that my favorite game was House of the Dead III. I love the first person shooter games. Mostly because I am good at them. Of course, the games at arcades are designed to make sure people die fast so that they have to keep plugging money into them. I'm also a fan of the Star Wars Trilogy game that was there. Another game that makes you plug funds in at a rapid pace. At least our game cards were for an hour instead of for a dollar amount. Probably the stupidest game that we played (Jessica and I) was a fire fighter game. Basically, you go into a burning building and put out a fire. I'm all for giving props to fire fighters, they truly are heroes, but this game was down right silly. The thing that made you 'die' was if you ran out of water pressure. What?!? It wasn't the smoke or the fire that would kill you. Come on now. Fire fighters use water. They would not run out if they are going into a burning building. Well, we only played it until a better game came available. Another stupid game was the 'big game hunter' game. I forget the real name. Basically, you get to choose weapon and a prey to hunt, and then go 'hunt'. We chose bears. I did pretty good at it, but Jessica mostly shot the cubs (which was a no-no). It was a silly game too. I had a bear run right at me and my character didn't get mauled. Now that would have been fun to see. I then proceeded to get my ass kicked by my wife in the basketball shooting game. I got 25 and she got 30. I blame my arm injury. I know, it's been years, but I'll keep playing that card as long as I can. All in all I had a good time. It was short lived however. We had to leave around 9:00 to go get the kids. For all of the good things about being a parent, that is the one drag. With kids, your life is no longer yours. Yes, you can escape for a while and get a sitter, but in reality, for 18 years, you lose your freedom. Even longer it you have multiple kids over a span of years. It is worth the sacrifice, mostly, but on nights like last night (when I really wanted to hang out with friends that I don't get to see often) it can be a huge pain having kids. Sure, we could have brought them, but then we'd have to follow them and watch them do what they want to do. Oh well. Our three hour escape was fun while it lasted. I'm sure that Johnny and Woody will have better postings about the party, complete with pictures.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

I didn't play the firefighter game. It sounds as dumb as it looked. I was real dissapointed that just about every game I tried was broken or not working in some capacity. Thay crap wouldn't have flown in the old school arcades.