Saturday, July 23, 2005

A Blast from the Past

You'll never guess who I talked to. Go on guess. No. No, that's not right either. Fine! I'll just tell you. The one, the only Herb Dean. He read my email that I sent to everyone about the new house and decided to give me a call. He said that he wanted to help out with the painting. Well, there's one! My moving isn't exactly the way I wanted to meet up with Herb again, but in the days of us all being busier than a two peckered billy goat, I'll take what I can get. He is also in the mortgage business (Herb, not the two peckered billy goat) but I am already committed to a lender. (Sorry Herb) But if anyone in the future is buying a house, Herb said that he can make some pretty good deals. I gave him my blog address, so hopefully he will be popping by everyone elses as well. It was nice talking to Herb. Memories of hanging out with the old gang went through my mind and we even reminiced about the Bat Notes a little bit. He and I both agreed that we were a little retarded back in the day. Well, I still am a little retarded, but I hide it well. Times like this make you think about your past and wonder about the choices that you made. Sometimes I think about what if I played football instead of being a bang geek. Sure, it may have made me more popular with the 'in crowd', but thinking about the 'in crowd' that we had at AWHS, would I really want to have hung out with them? The guys fit every definition of the word jock and the girls were all stuck up bitches. Hot, but stuck up. Come on, can you really have seen me hanging out with the likes of Dave Tansel? I can't remember the names of alot of the other guys, but does it really matter? All in all, I think I made a good choice sticking with the band. It gave me good friends, great times with said friends, and it kept me away from the bullshit that was the 'popular' kids. Besides, without band, I would never have met my wife or had the chance to sing 'John and Molly go ungh!ungh!ungh!' in front of a room of shocked parents. (Now THAT was funny) I think that the senior skit was banned from the band banquet after that. (even funnier)

Here's an idea: I think that it would be great to try to get together over this summer sometime. Prefirably at my new house unpacking and moving heavy furniture. Just kidding. Sorta. If anyone wants to help us move, I would appretiate it, but I know that moving me to a new house isn't everyone's idea of a good time. I will offer up my place though. I am planning on having a cook out for one of the OSU away games this year, so maybe that could be a good excuse to meet up. Well, it's an idea at least. I know everyone is busy doing different things all over the place, so I don't have huge expectations. I just thought it would be nice to meet up with everyone for a while. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted about when we will be having our cook out.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

Summer's probably too soon. Your cook-out day sounds better. Of course, I'm probably working that day so that probably counts me out. But you'll take lots of pictures of the event, put them on your blog, and I'll feel like I was actually there.

I saw Herb just last year. Hard to believe the government allowed him to procreate. Just kidding, Herb.

WOG! FROG! WOODY! and Herb. 'Member that?

Herb said...

You're right Woody. I had to get a special waiver in order to procreate. Or at least they tell me they are my kids....