Thursday, June 30, 2005

da' Bucks

No, not the Milwaukee Bucks. I'm talking about my beloved OSU Buckeyes. Great news! I will be able to watch OSU men's hoops again with my head held high. In case you hadn't heard, OSU has landed a blue chipper! Greg Oden, 7' tall center, has verbally committed to play for Thad Matta in the 2006-2007 season (according to CBS Sportsline.com). Sure, he and his high school teammate, Mike Conley, could still go somewhere else since the committment is verbal only, but it is still a good day for the Scarlet and Gray. Hopefully the bright future of the hoops program will make people forget about the O'Brien blunders. (If you're going to pay players, at least make sure they are good enough to win some titles!)

Also, in the news the past few days (at least in Columbus) was our good friend (please sense the sarcasim) Maurice "My Pussy Hurts" Clarett. The story was that he was 'back in school'. The 'school' was the NFL rookie school that teaches rookies how to acclimate into the NFL. There was some interview footage with My Pussy Hurts where he said that the school teached the rookies how to deal with agents, money and the press. Too bad no one ever taught the prick how to deal with following team rules and how not to cry to the media when he doesn't get his way. Well, for some reason, Denver picked up good ol' Mo. I have yet another reason to hate the 'Mile High' Broncos (sorry Woody). Anyways, I still hold out hope that he will suck hard, get stuck on the D squad for the first string defense to beat up on, or get cut and have to play for Bon Jovi in the Arena League. After all of the greif he brought my beloved Alma Mater, he deserves no less.

Back to the football Bucks, I have sent in my order form for my two tickets that I get as an OSU alum. The order form stated that I am getting MSU tickets this year. Of course, it also has fine print stating that the game I get tickets for is subject to ticket availability. I'll probably end up getting Miami (OH) tickets. My dream is that the OSU Marching Band Alumi game (which I can get two tickets for) falls on the second game of the season like it normally does. That means that I would be intitled to two OSU vs Texas tickets as well. How much would that rock? It will probably end up being Miami (OH) though. They wouldn't give up tickets for that game for band alumni.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Virtual Memory sure is becoming cheaper these days. I'm curious as to when we will finally reach the ratio of 1 cent to 1 Gigabyte.

I'm eagerly anticipating the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB hard disk . But for now I guess I will be happy with having a 32 gig Micro SD Card in my R4i.

(Posted by Nintendo DS running [url=http://cryst4lxbands.sosblog.com/-b/Will-the-R4-or-R4i-work-b1-p2.htm]R4i[/url] 6Post)