Monday, June 20, 2005

Poker Night

Well, I had a fun night on Friday. I had some work buddies over to play poker. Texas Hold'em, of course. I didn't win the big game, but I really only made one mistake. I was actually doing quite well in the beginning. I hit two full houses and was chip leader for a while. My best hand was when I hit pocket aces. I called the first round of betting since the game was young and I didn't want to scare anyone off. An ace came up on the flop and I was somehow able to keep in my seat. I checked and then called someone else who bet. My acting was AWESOME. I played like I had something, but that I didn't like what I had. Another round of betting after the turn card and I check again. I called another bet someone made and happily went to the river card knowing that I already won the hand. After the river, I checked and then raised big after someone else bet. He called me and I took a heafty pot as I tossed my aces on the table for all to see. I was great! I lost because I started getting cocky after taking a few hands. I got pocket eights and went all in with them (my one mistake). I was called and someone hit a pair of kings on the flop. I guess it's OK though because I won the next game and just about broke even.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheesh, I should learn how to play poker one day, hey, when ya coming over, BBq or something

Eric Rhodes said...

I could ask you the same question. When do you want us to come over? I don't like just showing up out of the blue. I can teach you how to play poker. It's easy to play, but hard to be good. It's all about mind games. Next time I get a game going, you'll have to give it a go.