Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Teen aged hoopties

At what point did it become OK for teen aged girls to dress like prostitutes? My wife, the kids, and I went shopping at Polaris mall today, and it amazed me how much skin girls are showing these days. I don't mean college girls. I mean teen aged, high school girls. When I was in high school, girls wore t-shirts and shorts, but the clothing always covered everything from mid thigh down and the shirts were baggy. Now-a-days, teen girls wear shirts that are cut too low up top and too short at the bottom AND they wear sizes that would fit a ten year old better. And the shorts are riding low and climbing high. Now, I'm as hetero as men come and I like looking at women, but when thirteen year old girls are wearing outfits that make them look like they are ready for their next set on stage at the strip club, it's time to rethink society. If I were a high school boy, I would have a constant woody (no relation to Woody) surrounded by these thirteen going on thirty girls. When I was in high school , the most skin I ever saw was when the cheer leaders wore their little skirts. Oh, and there was that one time swimming at Anne's place when her friend's boobie kept popping out of her top. THAT was interesting. Anyway, I'm off topic now. I'm not a prude. I likes some skin to show. HOWEVER, if I am ever out at a mall and see MY daughter wearing some of the things that I saw today, I think I would drop dead. I think that there should be some law about allowing your young girls out in public dressed like a Brittany back up dancer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's getting really bad. I keep waiting for "fashion" to swing the other way and baggy clothes to make a comeback. The worst I've witnessed was at the Chipotle in Grandview. This girl, probably early 20's, was working there. She was MAYBE a size 6, probably a 4. She's in the dining room cleaning off some tables and her jeans are riding so low and tight that not only did she have rolls hanging out the sides, she had about 3 inches of asscrack showing. Classy.

Eric Rhodes said...

three inches of ass crack is exactly what I like to see during MY burrito experience.

Anonymous said...

mmmm....burrito