Monday, June 27, 2005

busy beaver

I actually felt productive yesterday. I decided to get all of my important documents put away in a file cabinet. Great fun, eh? It was amazing how much crap I had all ovwer the place. Paid bills, old mail, old papers....it was bad. Now, everything is in folders and can be found quite easily. I know, you're excited for me.

I also went through all of my comics and separated what I don't want anymore. A list of comics to sell is in my last posting, if you're interested. I'm going to put them all on Ebay and hope to get a few bucks out of them. I'm keeping all of my favorite ones though. I have almost all of the Wolverine comics (at least up until I stopped collecting). It was amazing to me how many different types of comics I own. The cause: cross-overs. Cross-overs are the reason that I stopped collecting. Not directly, of course, but there were so many different cross overs going at the same time that I was going broke trying to keep up. It amazes me that Woody is still able to keep up with his comic sales because of the cost involved. I have Ghost Rider comics because there was an X-men cross over. I have Avengers comics because of a different cross over. I have Spiderman comics because of an X-Force (I think) cross over. They are all good books, but I was more of a fan of Wolverine and the X-teams (X-Men, Force, Factor, etc.). But then, I did exactly what Marvel wanted me to do. I kept buying the comics after the cross over was done. I had a sick addiction. Then, Image came around, They flooded the market with new heros and new teams and new comics with different variations of heros and teams mixed together. And I bought them all. It got to the point that I needed to stop or sell a kidney. I kept up with my favorites for a while, but then I got into Magic, the Gathering collectible trading cards. I just couldn't support both habits. Eventually, my comic buying decreased and finally stopped. Of course, I now have more Magic cards that I could ever use. My next project is to go through them and put my extras up on Ebay. That will be a blast.

No comments: