Tuesday, June 21, 2005

"I am d' Batman"

"Do you have a Batmobile?" "No Bat Cardoba"

I dont' mean to take a page from Woody's book, but that series of quotes popped into my head. I can remember what they are from though. Dr. Demento, maybe. The "I am d' Batman" is supposed to be Tatoo from Fantasy Island playing Batman. Maybe someone can help me out with my documentation?

Anyway, Noah and I went to see the new Batman movie. It was great. Exactly what I was hoping for from one of these movies. Finally!!! I liked The guy that played Bruce/Batman and the rest of the casting was great too. Alfred was dead on, and Lt. Gordon was a good fit too. I can look past Kate Holmes in the movie even though she's a little crazy. Like Woody, I won't go into too much detail, but I will say that the Batmobile was kick ass. It's exactly how I thought it should be. Not too sure why he had to go under the dash to access the weapons though. I would put the trigger on the steering wheel like the radio controls on my car. Scarecrow was done well and the best part is that he didn't die in this movie like the Joker dies in the first movie. It's hard to have movie franchise when you kill off all of the good villans. I'm still pissed that Lucas killed off Darth Maul. Vader should have done it. Anyway, Batman Begins gets two thumbs up from me.

4 comments:

Woody! said...

Eric, you are completely right on all accounts. Fantastic movie. Did Noah like it or was there too much of a generation gap?

I wish I could remember where the Bat Cordoba line was from. I heard it on Demento, I'm sure, but which comedian? No clue.

Mona said...

I loved it as well. Very dark, which is appropriate. The guy I went with just had to point out Katie Holmes having THO's in one of the last scenes where they are digging through the house rubble. I bet you're both wishing you could remember that scene now, ain't ya? :)

Eric Rhodes said...

I remember the THO's. Come on Mona, this is me!

Mona said...

Yeah, you're right. What was I thinking!!!??? Eric not notice THO's?? :)