Sunday, June 19, 2005

poker last night

Well, I got to play some cards last night. Several people I know from work came over for a little but of Texas Hold'em. Good times were had. I made some good chioces and I made some bad choices. Out of the three games we played, I at least won one. It wasn't the big game, but I got a little something back. As usual, cards came to me early. I don't like being aggressive out of the gun, but I really should have been. I drew pocket aces and the flop turned up another Ace and then paired the board. I played it beautifully. My acting was supurb. No one had a clue. I think I had three full houses early in the game. I couldn't get anyone to go in big with me though. Then, like always, the cards get cold. I went all in with pocket eights and was taken out by a pair of kings. It was a dumb play, but not too dumb. The second game was pretty good for me. I was short stack and ended up winning. The worst part about playing at your house is you can'tt leave if you lose early. The best part is that you can walk to you bed after everyone is gone. The best part about playing with co-workers is that you don't feel bad about taking their money. The worst part is hearing them talk trash if they take yours. It was fun though. I got to see my drunken manager fall down my stairs (he won the big game).

I think I'm going to try to make a poker table when I move to a bigger place. I'm thinking it won't be too hard. I'll just need some ply wood and something to make a frame out of. I think I'll make it in two pieces for storage and to make it easier to move. I just hope that my new neighbors are nice and like playing poker.

No comments: