Thursday, June 16, 2005

dead mice

I had a mose in my garage. Actually, I may still have one still. A few weeks ago, I saw tiny turds on some shelves in my garage. So, I set two mouse traps. I checked them daily for a while, and one was sprung...... by the 11 year old. Kids can be a pain sometimes. At least he was smart enough not to use his finger to spring the trap. Time passed and I thought that maybe the mice had left. I could hope, right? Then, coming home from work, I walked through the garage and saw a small fuzzy blur. So, I decided to reset the sprung trap and check the other trap that was still baited. Apparently, I should have kept checking them daily. ***The following is graphic and may not be suitable for small children*** The trap that was still set up and baited had worked. Unfortunately, it had worked some time ago. In the trap's grip was a stiff, rotting, pile of dead Jerry. Now, I can deal with dead critters, but I have some trouble with dead, decaying critters. A 'Side Show Bob' disgusted moan escaped my lips. I then grabbed a stick and a trowel and sent poor Mickey to his grave. MY FEAR: If the mouse trapped indeed Was Mickey and Minnie is still out there, what if they did what two mice do and then I'm stuck with a garage full of Mousekateers?? So, I went out and got more traps. The new traps are neat. They don't snap when the mouse tapes the bait. They are sented stickey squares that attract the mouse and then when the mouse steps on it, it's stuck. Believe me. I touched one. I just hope Gabriel doesn't go out into the garage and end up with all four on different parts of his body. It would be a funny sight, but I doubt he would enjoy the experience.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

The glue traps are the best. After the mouse gets stuck there and dies, you don't even have to touch the trap. You just roll up an old newspaper, push one end on the trap, and it sticks. Then you throw the trap and paper away. Kelley taught me that, works great.

Although, they still decompose quite a bit if you don't find them in time. And they've tried to gnaw off their own legs.