Monday, June 13, 2005

Seriously thinking about Sirius

I was just checking out RadioShack.com and the satelite radio stuff that they carry. They only carry Sirius radios, which is ok because if I get satelite radio, I want to be able to listen to Howard Stern (yes, I'm a Stern fan. He makes my dull mornings at work a little less tortureous). Now, I'm not thinking about getting the radio just because of Howard's move to satelite, but if I'm going to shovel out $100 for a radio and $13 per month for service, I might as well get the service that I would listen to more. The thing that got me is that in order to listen to satelite radio, you need to get a radio and an antenna. Plus, if you want it in your car, you need to buy another thing to adapt the receiver to your car. So, you're looking at about $200 before you can even listen to the music. The question I pose is, 'is it worth it'? They do have a boom box that looks like the anntena is included, but I don't think that you can plug it into your sterio at home or your car. Does anyone have satelite radio? How hard is it to set up? Is it really any better than normal radio and CDs? I'll be starting to work from home soon and I think it would be nice to have satelite radio to listen to while I sit at the computer all day. Does anyone have satelite radio?

1 comment:

Woody! said...

I just got the Sirius myself. Another advantage it has over XM is the NFL radio network. A 24-hour a day station devoted to the NFL, plus you get all the games play-by-play during the season.

It's still too early for me to talk authoritative-like on the subject, but I'm liking what I got so far.