Monday, September 10, 2007

Same Old Browns

I had my head in the ground a while ago when I thought that the Cleveland Browns were going to turn things around this season and be pretty good. Why wouldn't think that? they had a pretty good pre-season and won three of four games. They looked pretty good. My eyes have been opened though. After a solid 34-7 ass kicking by the Steelers, I no longer have any illusions of grandeur. unless things change drastically, they will have another terrible season. I have to scratch my head and think, 'why?' Is it the coach? Lack of players? Why is it that some teams are bad for a while and then end up becoming one of the NFL's power houses? Maybe when Brady Quinn learns enough of the offense to start playing, things might improve. However, with the way the O-line was letting Frye get killed all day, I doubt Quinn will want to start. In Frye's defense, there were alot of dropped passes and fumbles that weren't his fault. It was a pretty bad display over all. A poor team effort. I'll give them a few more games before I swith over to the Colts bandwagon.

No comments: