Friday, August 31, 2007

Go Bucks....wait. I mean Go Browns!

It's been a while since I have felt optimistic about an upcoming NFL season. That's because I am a Browns fan. Since they were ripped out of Cleveland, moved to Baltimore, and then reinstated in Cleveland as an expansion team, the Browns have been dismal. Bad season after bad season made me hang my head and hide my Browns gear deep in the back of my closet. This year, the preseason games have given me a little bit of hope. With a 3-1 preseason record, the Browns are actually looking pretty good. I know, I know: preseason games don't mean squadoosh, but anything positive can make a Browns fan feel good these days. I have joked about becoming a band wagon Colts fan, but if you know how dedicated a Browns fan is, you know that was just a BS statement. After beating the Chicago Bears 19-9 last night, and looking pretty good by the way, I am thinking that maybe we could have a .500 season. Dare I dream about a 9-7 season? Perhaps a Wild Card birth in the playoffs? I dare! The Browns' defense stone walled the Bears first team squad more than once and the offense moved the ball pretty well. Really, special teams was the key to last night's victory. There were several punts that the Browns' kicker put inside the 10 yard line and the punt returner was repsonsible for a touchdown, returning a punt 70 yards for the score. I didn't see the whole game, but what I did see made me feel like this year may be the year of positive change for the Browns.

2 comments:

Eric Rhodes said...

Oh, one more thing, Jessica Alba is hot.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, ok. She is hot. I was still a little confused but I got it now. :)

I don't see anything wrong with becoming a Colts fan, by the way. Not that I really get into football, but I'd say I'm a Colts fan.