Monday, September 17, 2007

A Few Things....

1. Cleveland defeated Cincinnati in the NFL yesterday. It was one of the first times in a long while that I watched a Cleveland Browns game and I watched from start to finish without turning it off in disgust. The offense look GREAT. Woody isn't too happy about this, being a Bengals fan. I, however am THRILLED. It was a HUGE change from last weeks ass-kicking they took from Pittsburgh.

2. Torchwood works for me. It is a Dr. Who spin off that has started running on BBC America. It is similar in plot to The Men In Black movies, in that, there is a covert group of special agents that track and capture aliens that land on Earth. It is a Dr Who spin off in that, Torchwood was created by the queen back in the 1800's after an encounter with the Doctor. Also, it has a character named Captain Jack Harkness, who was in several Doctor Who episodes. He is from the future, so I'm not really sure how he came back to the 21st century. He is also invincible after being resurrected by Rose when she was infected by the Time Vortex. If you watch Dr. Who, you understand.

3. Best Doctor Who ever this past Friday. If you haven't seen it yet, you are in for a treat. Usually, the really good episodes are two or three parters, like when there are Daleks or Cybermen, but this was a stand alone episode and it was spactacular. I made Jessica watch it and she really enjoyed it too. It was a very creepy episode. The strange thing about the episode is that the Doctor and Martha were barely in it. The episode revolved around Sally Sparrow, who has to solve a mystery in order to save the Doctor. I won't go into it, but WATCH THE SHOW!!! I think that Doctor Who may be becoming my favorite show to watch. It is still a close second to BSG, but if they keep going down this 'Cylons can hear Jimmy Hendrix' path, I may need to make a change. I mean, come on! Cylons could listen to Jimmy, but they could never HEAR Jimmy.

4. Is anyone else looking forward to the debut of the Bionic Woman? I have some doubts, but I believe this show is from the creators of BSG, so I am on board. At least for a few episodes. Also, coming up soon is the season premire of Heroes. Yeah! I love when new shows start and I can stop watching crappy television.

5. So far, Bioshock is pretty good. It is very creepy and a little scary to play. Basically, you are in a plane crash near the entrance of Rapture, and under water city where scientists are give free reign to do any kind of experiment they want. It basically drives the entire population insane and you have to figure out why. Lots of killin' of crazies. I won't get into it much, but so far it is fun.

6. OSU went up a spot in the polls. You'll get that when you play a good game and beat your opponent convincingly. They are now #9. GO Bucks!

4 comments:

Amy :) said...

I'm liking Torchwood so far too. I had heard that it had some pretty mature content and it's nice to see that BBCA isn't censoring it, at least not yet.

And I thought last week's Dr. Who was the best one yet too! I made the mistake of watching it in bed at night, and I was so creeped out I couldn't sleep and had to watch a cooking show to calm down :) What did you think of the two-parter that was on just before, where the Doctor was the teacher at the boys' school in 1913? The second part really got to me, and I ended up in tears at the end. The show has been so strong this season and I really like Martha.

Lefty said...

As I mentioned on my wife and I's gaming podcast (The Married gamers), I can only handle Bioshock in short sessions, because I get scared. You should have seen me when I fought my first Big Daddy!

Eric Rhodes said...

Amy, I thought the two parter was great too. The aliens that kept sniffing for the Doctor were creepy too. It did have a sad ending. It also showed that you really don't want to piss off the Doctor. You really got to see the side of him that ended the Time War and offed all of the Daleks and Time Lords together.

Left, I am a little scared of Bioshock too. I was afraid that I might have to fight a Big Daddy. I haven't yet, but now I know that I will probably be gettig my ass kicked soon. I am getting a little frustrated with it already since keep running out of ammo and health faster than I'd like. Make for me getting my butt kicked alot. I may put it on hold until after I beat H3.

Woody! said...

Torchwood is good, that Dr. Who is great, and the Bengals defense is shit. Did I cover it all?