Thursday, September 06, 2007

I suck

I have been trying to improve my NCAA 08 football skills. I haven't had so much luck in the matter. I don't think that I am coordinated enough. I can run some plays really well and I can beat the crap out of the AI opponent in the Dynasty mode, but when it comes to playing live opponents, I keep getting beat. Not always badly, but my record is something like, 7 and 16 or worse. The problem is, I play anyone that challenges me, no matter what their ranking may be. Some of the people I play obviously play alot and have put in the time it takes to know all of their teams plays, strengths and weaknesses. I don't have that time. I know a few playes that work well most of the time, but I have a hard time adjusting my game when necessary. One of the things I am starting to play with more are the audibles on offense and putting men into motion. I think that once I get used to calling motion and checking to hot routes, I will starting seeing more results. I tried playing around with these options in a game last night and got my asshanded to me. I am not fast enough on the uptake to make adjustments. Another problem I have is that I am not really quick with checking down to additional reveivers. I tend to focus on one receiver instead of being able to see all of them and then hitting the right button to pass to the open guy. I would see the A receiver open and hit X. Interception. I think I just need to play around with the game some more and get better at my reads and progressions. I hope to someday get my record to .500.

No comments: