Thursday, September 27, 2007

Halo 3 Overview

Woody is leary about it, but Lefty loves it. Halo 3 was released at 12:01 am Monday night (Tuesday am, technically). I posted about H3 already, but that was back when all I had to write about was the Beta test they had on Xbox Live. Now, I have the full version and have been playing alot of it. Not as much as Lefty, who said that he finished the campaign already. I am getting there, but I am trying to pace myself. My complaint about H2 was that the campaign seemed short, but that was probably because I played it non stop. I decided that I am going to complete the campaign, maybe twice, before I start gettingmy ass handed to me by 12 year olds on Xbox Live in the Slayer Pit.

So far, H3 has been alot of fun. There haven't been any big suprises like in Halo or H2. At least not yet. From reading Lefty's post, it seems as though there may be. There are a few changes to game play, but mostly more weapons and more vehicles. For example, if you find a gun turret, you can rip it off it's mount and run around with it. The only down side is that it is heavy and slows you down and it will run out of ammo and can't be reloaded. There are new gadgets too, which is a complete change for the Halo games. There is a bubble shield, deployable cover, power drainer, portable lift, trip mines, flares, and something that regenerates you. I won't go into all of their different uses, because I forget I carry them most of the time. Still, they add a nice new element to the game. I'm not going to spoil any secrets or suprises. However, if you have ab Xbox 360 and end up getting Halo 3, my XBox Live ID is EZE2112.

No comments: