Friday, September 07, 2007

Weekend Fun

I have a busy Saturday planned. I am getting up at 7:00 so that I can meet up with my marching band buddy, James, for a trip to campus for the OSU vs Akron football game. I wasn't going to go to a game this season, with the ticket prices to high, but when the words 'free ticket' came into the conversation, I couldn't resist. James and his wife get season tickets (they are grad students) and she is preggers and doesn't want to wear herself out at the not-so-exciting games. Good news for me! Sure, I would rather have tickets to a Big Ten game, but I am not going to be pickey. Not only is James hooking me up with a free ticket, he has some friends that are having a tailgate party before the game. Free eats and drinks too! I guess the tailgaters are from the percussion section after I left the band. James also has contacts in the band still, so we are going to be sitting on the floor for Skull Session. That is the band's warm up session over at St John's arena. Usually, the arena is packed and you have to get there super early for a seat or sit up in the nose bleed section. Since we have floor seats, we can mosey in late and enjoy good seats. James also wants to hit Rally at Riverwatch or Hineygate (or both). Then the game, of course, followed by a party at our house for Jessica's birthday. Nothing big, but I will need to get the food ready and clean up some. It should be pretty fun. I just wish that fun activities like this would spread out a bit. I would rather have the game one weekend and then the party another weekend, but this is how things worked out. I will just need to recover for a while Sunday.

Go Bucks!

No comments: