Sunday, June 03, 2007

I Can't Believe I Almost Missed It!!!

Who said that there was no point to reading Woody's blog? I may have been me, but if that is the case I TOTALLY take it back. On a whim, I followed one of his links to Lefty Brown's blog. BOY am I glad I did! I figured that there may be some interesting Xbox content since he taught Woody how to create his own 'Achievement Unlocked' notices (see Woody's post today). I scrolled down a bit and Lefty's 05/31/2007 posting and saw that the Halo 3 Beta test was up and running. Not only that, but there is only a limited time left for me to play. WHAT!?!?!? Are you kidding me?? The entire reason for my buring Crack Down was to play the Halo 3 beta test. Now, my window of opportunity is down to 8 or 9 days!!!! I just down loaded the demo and played for about thirty minutes I had time for two fre-for-all games. The forst one, I got my ass kicked. Not just a little. Totally. I'm talking zero kills by EZE2112. The second game I did better scoring five kills. Seeing as how I have never played Halo 3 before, I think that is OK. I'm sure that some of the guys I was playing had already played several hours already and knew all of the nooks and crannies of each map. I played really well. The graphics were great. My only complaint about any of these games (I mean first person shooters) is that they all have different controller set ups. Right now I am used to Crack Down controls, which are majorly different from Halo controls. I tried to throw a grenade and hit the whong button (it was the right one for Crack Down though). But MAN did it feel great to play Halo again. Even if I was getting my ass kicked. I was planning on starting Dead Rising after finishing Crack Down, but I may need to go back and revisit Halo and Halo 2 just to that I can get geared up for Halo 3. Or at least until my controls get figured out again. Just another reason for loving myself for signing up for Xbox Live. FUN SHIT!!!

1 comment:

Eric Rhodes said...

I played some more Halo 3 last night. Pretty cool. There are some new weapons, including a laser beam type thing (I never found one, but was on the receiving end of it a few times). There are also a few new gadget, like a platform you can put down that acts like an elevator. You step on an you go up. Also, an energy bubble shield. You throw it down and a bubble surrounds you. People can't shoot you through it, but they can walk through and bash you. I am still getting my ass kicked.