Saturday, June 30, 2007

Knocked Up is funny. If it doesn't happen to you.

Jessica and I went to see Knocked Up. It's a movie about an unemployed stoner getting lucky with a E! online talent and getting her knocked up. It was a really funny movie, with bits of immature humor for the guys and bits of "chick flick" for the girls. It was a pretty good movie. The E! talent was Katherine Heigl , who is on my list. She looked really hot in this movie, even with the preggers-belly prosthetic. Personally, I think pregnant women are sexy. Maybe cute would be a better term. Anyway, they show Katherine in several revealing outfits and she is in several, non-nude sex scenes. These were probably some of the funniest scenes. Anyway, my attraction to the lead aside, Knocked Up really was pretty funny. Two people from different worlds (stoner vs E! on screen talent) get drunk at a bar, hook up, and she gets pregnant. It ends up being a one night stand until she discovers she is preggers. You can imagine their respective reactions. There are a lot of jokes based on all of the pregnant/birthing steriotypes and experiences as I'm sure you can imagine. I won't give anything away, because this was a pretty good film and worth the watch. It is a bit painful, in a way, if you ever went through this situation. Some of you may know that it happened to me. Luckily, it worked out for me and the wife in the end, but hearing 'I'm pregnant' when you aren't expecting it is a helluva shock. Honestly, it makes the movie a bit funnier to me since I lived through the situation. Sure, it was different for me (It wasn't a one night stand, I knocked up my girlfriend.), but some of the jokes play on the reactions that you have when a child is, unexpectedly, thrust into your life. Still, as mentioned, this flick is worth the watch.

No comments: