Monday, June 04, 2007

Rain, Rain...Keep coming!



I know, I know. I sound like a farmer. I guess I am in a way. A gardener at least. 12x24 garden and I like planting flowers and stuff around the house. I finally got everything into my garden a while ago and have been fighting a several week long dry spell. I don't mind watering, but it gets expensive after a while. The weather people kept saying that it was going to rain for the longest time, but it didn't until yesterday. We got some much needed H2O. I know that this isn't much of an exciting topic of conversation, but am running dry too. I have had to work all weekend, so I'm a little drained mentally. Anyway, The rain was good for my garden. I'm sure that the plants don't get enough water when I use the hose. Mother Nature does a much better job. Anyway, here is a picture of my garden. The tall plants on the left are all tomatoes. They have grown about a foot since my dad and I planted them on the 20th last month. I LOVE home grown tomatoes. The ones you buy at the store are crap. If/when we have our cookout, hopfully we will have plenty of home grown vegies for you all.

I also am posting the pansy after about four weeks of growth. They are going a little slowly due to the lack of rain, but they have really sprung up lately. Probably doubled in size. I expect some flowers to pop out in a couple more weeks.

No comments: