Saturday, June 16, 2007

Got that Poker Monkey off my Back

So, I finally won a card game that wasn't played on my Xbox. I hosted a game last night and was able to come out on top. I know that makes me a rude host, but I don't care. It was about time that the cards came my way. I hit two huge hands back to back and eliminated two played from the game. Two pair followed by a straight. I even hit a full house in a hand. The best hand of the night was a straight flush(someone else's). I think it was the first time I've ever seen that happen in real life. Anyway, I think I ended up taking out 5 of the 15 people playing. I was being brutal. I was getting good hands and making great reads. I think I playedone hand wrong, but was anble to recover to win. I could afford to take a chance with my huge chip lead. We played a second smaller game after that, which I lost, but I was playing with other people's money. It took forever though. The first game with 13 people took 3 hours and the second game with 7 people took 4. I wanted to kick eveyone out, but I try to be a good host.

No comments: