Thursday, June 28, 2007

More Dead Rising (sorry)

I know that most of my readers don't care, but I feel the need to post more about Dead Rising. Honestly, there isn't much else for me to post about at the moment. It's been a 'same-old-same-old' kind of week. I played alot over my past two days off. It's freaking fun and freaking frustrating all at the same time. Oh, and a little gross.

First, the fun: I keep finding new weapons to use in my zombie killin'. I went to the gun store, put five clips of ammo into the owner, and have access to shot guns and sniper rifles. Also, just around the corner is a knife/sword shop. The katana is a kick ass weapon in close quarters. After killing a psycho clown, you get a small chain saw which is better than the big one. It's quicker and lasts longer. I think I have Frank up to level 21.

Frustrating: I touched on this before, but I am still having trouble with completing some of the quests presented to Frank. The problem is that it is hard to kill the main bad guys and still have enough ammo and weapons to get the survivors back to the security room. Currently, I have been trying to kill this fat ass female cop that is holding four women in a store. I can kill the cop, but have yet to even get the women back to the park. I can get about half way there, but not with all of the girls. I have to use all of the rounds in the sniper rifle and half of the shot gun ammo just to bring down the fat cop. Then, the zombie amount seems to double and I am dealing with these freaky green faced guys. Ican give a katana to one of the girls, but the others always seem to get killed or zombiefied no matter what I do. Some of the 'bosses' are just impossible. There is a huge marine gut in a hardware store that LOVES to kick my ass. I'm just avoiding him now. There is also a group of convicts in a jeep with a machine gun on it in tha park that enjoy killing me. I try to keep away from them too.

Finally, GROSS: If zombie killin' isn't enough to gross you out, there are some pretty nasty animations in Dead Rising. The previously mentioned psycho clown falls on two running chainsaws. Iew. Sometimes when survivors are turned into zombies, there are some other gross animations. One guy was taken down and had his balls bit off and one of the girls gers her guts ripped out threw her mouth. It was nasty.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

Level 21? Sounds like you're doing great! It takes a few passes through the game before you can do any serious damage. Yes, all the survivors are pretty much dumbasses. It can drive you mad when they keep getting killed on your watch.

Some tips for you, use the sniper rifle on the convicts. Head to a safe spot, like on top of the roof above the picnic benches and snipe away at those bastards. Although, they'll repop in a day or so so that's not a permenant solution.

Second, did you stop the roller coaster after killing the clown? That triggers something that can make life a little easier for you and Frank.

Eric Rhodes said...

Yeah, I thought about the sniper rifle for the convicts. I just haven't tried it yet. I usually weave between trees so that they can't run me over while they shoot at me.