Monday, June 11, 2007

It's almost over

So, my choice was to play Halo 3 as much as possible this weekend. I think that today is the last day that it is available. I wish it were going to be available for longer. I played several matches this weekend. It looks like most of the same games from the old Halo multi-player matches are available on H3. I played a team slayer match on a HUGE map, getting my ass beaten. I played individual slayer matches (I did pretty well in these), odd ball (keep away), king of the hill, and two other slayer variations: rockets (everyone has a rocket launcher and unlimited ammo) and 'snipes and shottys' (everyone gets a shot gun and sniper rifle). I did the best in a snipes and shotty game, taking first place once. My basic strategy is to try to sneak up on people trying to snipe and then shot gun them in the back. There are some cool new weapons in the game too. A Spartan Laser, which is a HUGE laser rifle that will take out anything it hits. The draw backs are that it is slow as hell and you only get 5 shots. There was also a chain gun or something, which shot explosive shells and was slow like the laser. Still, there are a lot of fun additions to the game. I hope I can play a little bit more before it is off Xbox Live. I am DEFINATELY going to buy H3 when it is released. The only online drawback is that there isn't anything that will separate the good players from the no-so-good players. I was in a few games with killing machines. I am OK, but was getting beat down a lot by these people. Hopfully I will be able to meet a group of people that are on my same level when the game comes out and we can have private games.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

Yeah, going online and getting slaughtered does not sound like a good time to me. I was let down by Halo 2, I much preferred the original. I doubt I will be in a huge hurry to pick up Halo 3 as soon as it comes out.