Monday, April 02, 2007

Big Game, Take Two

Back in January, OSU played Florida in the National Title game......for Football. I was pumped and excited at the prospect of another National Title for my beloved Buckeyes. Then, they got their asses kicked. Needless to say, I was a little miffed. Well, now they get their second chance. OSU takes on the Florida Gators in the National Title game.....for Basketball. I'm not really a huge basketball fan, but I love OSU and I love the college tourney. It's just great that they both go hand in hand this year. In the regular season, I don't go as nuts about OSU basketball as I do for football, but I watched all of the big games that I could and watched any game on TV then there was nothing else to watch. Does that make me a fair weather fan? I don't think so. I just don't have the time to watch so many games. That's why I hate baseball. But that is another story all together. Back to the point. I am a little concerned about the game tonight. OSU played Florida back in December last year and got killed by 26. But then OSU got their game on and currently have the longest winning streak in the country. A big difference in tonights game compared to the game in December is that OSU will have full use of Greg Oden. The 7 foot center was injured for the last meeting with Florida. I'd say that, after the last two games OSU has played, they are firing on all five cylinders. The inside game and the outside game have been well balanced and their defense have been outstanding. I don't know if they will be able to beat Florida's returning National title winning team, but it will definately be a good, close game. It would be nice to get some pay back for the Football team. GO BUCKS!!!

No comments: