Friday, April 06, 2007

When I am Depressed

As you may or may not know, OSU lost in the final game of the NCAA tournament. No revenge for the Buckeyes against Florida. I don't feel the need to post about it, but I was a little upset. The worst part was that I was watching the game with an OSU hater (he is a Duke fan) and he was talking all sorts of trash diring the game. Nevermind that Duke was out in the first round of the tourney. He just kept running his mouth. Still we were playing poker too and I won $55, so it was all good in the end. Karma bit the OSU hater in the ass as I think he lost about $60. I'm still pretty proud of the Bucks for going to the finals. Hell of a season!

Well, the game did have me a little bummed. What do I do when I'm bummed? Sometimes I have myself an adult beverage. However, considering the fact that I was home alone with the kids and I actually have some cash in my checking account, I decided to go to the Buckeye Corner. Basically, they sell everything Buckeyes. From shirts, to golf bags, to garden gnomes, they sell just about anything that you'd want as an OSU fan. So, I dropped about $300 there. Splurging can be fun. I bought myself two hats (a red one and a black one. both with a block O), a football jersey for Gabe (he's worn it four days straight now and won't take it off), a basketball jersey for Noah, shirts for myself and Jessica, a bean bag toss game (for fun durning the next cook out) and the afore mentioned garden gnome. Oh, I also got a new flag, but it was not as big as I wanted. Oh, I also bought a street sign looking thing. I think it says Buckeye Ave. or something like that. I then took the kids to JC Penny and bought some much needed new clothes. I usually hate shopping for clothes. I make a speed-shopping event out of it if possible. I found some new t-shits, some new shorts, and a few short sleeved button down shirts. I went to their big and tall section because the normal sized shirts are always too short. I made sure to the the 'tall' items. All in all it was pretty fun. A busy day though, what hauling two little kids around with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry the Bucks lost! I was rooting for them (although I didn't watch the game, but I was there in spirit).