Friday, April 20, 2007

Worst ER visit EVER!!!

So, to add to my stress to my already shitty day yesterday, Alydia ran and fell into a wall, cutting a gash into her forehead. I was able to stop the bleeding relatively quickly, but looking at the cut, I could tell that she needed stitches. I tried to call Jessica's brother to have him drive us to the hospital and watch Gabriel, but he was not available. So, I gathered up Gabe and a screaming Alydia and went to Doctors Hospital West (on Broad St.) We had been there before when Jessica cut her arm and it wasn't too bad. This time was awful. We checked in and waited. And Waited. And Waited. In the mean time, Alydia tripped and bumped the cut spot on her head, causing more bleeding and more screaming. After waiting three hours, we were moved to the 'Fast Track' department so that we would be 'seen more quickly'. Another hour of waiting, a nurse comes in to put some numbing stuff on Alydia's head so that the numbing shots wouldn't hurt so much. She screamed bloody murder the entire time it was on her head. No one came in to check on her to see why she was screaming. So, I took off the gauze patch, which made her stop. I popped my head out and told the nurse that put the numbing stuff on her that it was making her scream and that I took it off. In a snotty voice, he said, "Oh well. It'll just hurt when she gets the numbing shots. " I about lost it. I wanted to grab his geasey pony tail, yank it, and scream in his smug goateed face. Finally, the doctor came in. That was when things got hard for me. I had to help hold down my sweet little girl while she screamed while getting some shots and stitches. The doctor was very nice and the other nurse helping was very nice as well. If that ass hole nurse had tried to help, I would have refused. I didn't want that prick anywhere near my little girl. The experience was awful. Gabriel had a hard time seeing his sister going through this ordeal. He didn't understand that we were trying to help Alydia. At the end, she was so sweet. After screaming bloody murder the whole time, when the doctor said we were done and she did a good job, she told him 'thank you.' She is such a sweetie.

3 comments:

Eric Rhodes said...

In case you didn't catch it, everything with Lexxie and Alydia went down on Wednesday. It was NOT a good day.

Anonymous said...

Poor Alydia! And poor you for have such a shitty day. Man!! That is SO adorable that she said 'thank you' after all of that. How sweet. Hopefully the rest of your month will be good after this craptastic day!!

Anonymous said...

I admire you. I don't think I could had handle the ER visit. I am ok with cuts and guts, but the ER would have been too much for you. Good job Dad!