Saturday, April 21, 2007

Crackdown

So, I took a page from Woody and signed up for my Xbox to start its own blog. I haven't played anything since signing up, so it doesn't say anything. Still, I think that it is a neat idea for checking in on other gamers and their activity. Looks like Woody plays Dead Rising alot. If you check under the games I have, you can see that I play WOSP Tournament of Champions alot. It's a poker game that I can play online.

I recently bought a game called Crackdown. It is silly, but I bought it because it has a link to a Halo 3 multi-player test. I know it is alot to pay for a test download, but I am so hyped about Halo 3 that I had to do it. Anyway, I started playing Crackdown last week. I'm not too sure how I feel about it yet. It is similar to Gears of War, which is a third person shooter. Basically, that means that you are seen from above as you run around and shoot things. I really liked Gears of War, but Crackdown has a bit of a diferent feel and I'm not quite used to it. The point of the game is that you are a genetically enhanced police officer that is sent out to stop gang activity. Seems simple enough, right? Well, the controls are a little hard to handle. I guess I'm not used to them yet. I wish that all shooters would take a page from Halo. They are much simpler to manage. One thing about Crackdown is, that while you are trying to kill gang members, you need to avoid the many civilians wialing the streets. Otherwise, the normal cops turn on you and then you have gang members and cops shooting at you. I would think that people would avoid the streets if there are hundreds of gang members running around. I guess that Crackdown is OK. I just need to get used to the controls. I just can't wait for the Halo 3 download to be available.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

Yeah, Dead Rising is where it's at. Also, it's a borrowed game so I have to get my zombie killin' in now before I give the disc back.

Glad to see your box is bloggin'. Just one more way we can keep track of our scores and gauge that we need to spend more quality time with our 360. :)