Thursday, April 19, 2007

Best Dog Ever Spring 1998 - 04/18/2007


It is with a sad heart that I have to let you know that we had to put my dog, Lexie, down yesterday. She's had bad hips for a while and lately it was just too much for her (and me) to take. She could barely stand up on her own and I had to start carrying her up and down the porch steps for her to do her business. The latest X-rays showed that her right hip was almost dislocated. She had also stopped eating and the vet said that he thought she was getting a mysterious mass in her mouth that could have been cancer. I am totally bummed about losing my puppy, but it was heart breaking to look at her struggling to be the dog she wanted to be. To the end she stayed SO sweet, which made it harder. I will never find a nicer dog or a better puppy friend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. I'm so sorry, Eric. Lexie was such a sweet doggie. I only met her that once when I visited you, but she was so sweet that she made an impression on me. It's hard losing a dog. I still miss Louie.

Woody! said...

Soory to hear about that. The few times I met Lexie, I really liked her.

Anonymous said...

I am glad you put her down. It was the right thing to do. I know how hard it is to loose an animal that you love and one that loved you back. Remember my Dalmatian Abby? She led a full long life. It was harder to go over to my mom's and see her suffer than it was actually to know that she was gone. My thoughts to you and your family.

Bryan said...

So sorry, to hear about Lexie. I still remember when you brought her home when we lived together. Whenever I came over after we stopped living together she always remembered me and we would wrestle around for a while. She was a great dog.

Eric Rhodes said...

Yeah, she was a really good dog. I can't remember her ever being mean to anyone. Sometimes I think she likes you more than she like me Bryan. She always got SO excited when she saw you. Thanks to you all for the well-wishes.