Thursday, April 05, 2007

Seeing Rush gives me a rush

So, Rush is going to be touring this Summer. They are tourning to support their new album, Snakes & Arrows. Tickets are on sale for the Columbus show on April 14th. The show is going to be in September. Apparently, there is a song on Itunes that you can download. I think I will be doing that shortly. Rush is my all time favorite band EVER. I may not listen to them as often these day as I do groups like System of a Down and Breaking Benjamin, but if there is ever a Rush song on the radio, I turn it up and I have all of their CDs to date. There may be a few obscure import albums I don't have, but not many. I remember back in the day (highschool years) the AWHS percussion section would blast Permanent Waves to get pumped up for the halftime show. To date, I have seen Rush in concert three times: for the Roll the Bones tour, the Counterparts Tour, and the Test For Echo tour. I wanted to go see them when Vapor Trails came out, but couldn't afford it. Well, I can afford it this year and plan on getting the best tickets possible. Front row would be great, but I won't get my hopes up. The way I see it, I need to go see them this year because, since they are getting kinda old, you never know how much longer they will tour. Neal Peart (the drummer) has said that he as going to stop touring off any on since 1989. In my opinion, he is the best drummer of all time. He does things with a drum kit that I could never dream of doing. I need to see them at least one more time before they call it quits for good. Here's a list of groups that I will definately go see in concert the next time they are in town:

1. Rush (duh)
2. System of a Down (a GREAT show last time I saw them)
3. Pink floyd (hey, I can dream, right? I saw them once in the OSU stadium. It was AWESOME)
4. Korn (another great show. How does he make bag pipes sound cool?)

I may go to a big day long concert like Lolapalooza if there are a bunch of bands I like. They are pretty pricey though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never heard of System of Down or Breaking Benjamin. To they have the same type of music like Rush or Pink Floyd? Are thier concerts insane with crazy people or are they more normal like you. Yes I do consider you normal Eric.

Eric Rhodes said...

System of a Down is pretty heavy compaired to Rush and Floyd. There are some crazies that go to the concerts and mosh. When I saw them, there were a bunch of teeny boppers dressed up in goth wear and trying to look older than they were. Honestly, SOAD is a pretty good mix of hard rock, great musicality, and original lyrics. They are all of Armenian descent and some of their songs have strong political statements (Mostly anti-war).

Wow, I can't remember the last time someone called me normal. We have a sign on our wall here that says "The only thing normal around here is a setting on the washer."

Eric Rhodes said...

Hey, in case you are interested, the new single from Rush is on their web site. It's pretty good.