Monday, January 08, 2007

One To Go

Tonight is the night. #1 Ohio State will be taking on #2 Florida in the BCS National Title Game. At first, I was confused. I thought that the game was going to be the Fiesta Bowl, but I guess they create a new bowl game for the National Title. Am I just a little dense, or is this the first time they did this. I was a little thrown when I saw that the Fiesta Bowl was played last week. I guess that the hundreds of bowl games that were already played weren't enough for the college football community. Woody's Bearcats needed their match up against Western Michigan in the International Bowl. There is a funny You Tube link in his rescent archives with a song about the Dot Com Toilet Bowl. Well, the important game is tonight. I haven't really looked into the point spread or anything like that, but I believe that Ohio State is favored by a bit. The media is making a big deal about how fast Florida's team in and speculate that the Buckeyes won't be able to keep up. I think that the media is forgetting that we have a wide receiver that is an Olympic hopeful. His name is Ted Ginn Jr and he is an Olympic hopeful for a running event. I guess that they need to talk about something. I'd rather have them say that OSU will not keep up with Florida's speed than have them say that OSU will kick the crap out of the Gators. I liked seeing a Florida Gators linebacker talking smack about Troy Smith. Nothing too bad, just that he wasn't worried about Troy's skills. Say that now, because I have a feeling that, tonight, Tressel is going to tell Mr. Heisman that he can run, pass, and do whatever he needs to to win the game.

Well, I won't go intot he game too much. I am just looking forward to it. There have been a few other interesting things that I have thing about the whole BCS Title Game experience:

1. There is a small town in Arizona that was named or founded by an Ohio native called Buckeye, AZ. They are about an hour or so from Glendale, so they trick out the town in scarlet and gray and try to draw the visiting OSU fans in to by their trinkets. By the way, the only fire engine in town was names Brutus (OSU's mascott).

2. In the town of Buckeye, AZ, there is a guy that makes T-shirts that say 'Ohiozona, Where Gators Come to Die." I thought that was pretty original.

3. The #1 team gets to choose if they are the home or away team. Since OSU has been the away team each time they have played in the Fiesta Bowl, Tressel chose to be the away team for the upcoming game. This way, they stay in the same hotel, practice at the same field, and keep the same routine as in the previous years.

My prediction: OSU 24- Florida 10

No comments: