Friday, May 02, 2008

The People Hate Me!!!

"I know! I will pay them to like me!" At least that is what I imagine George Bush though when he decided to give the American people and advance on their tax returns. We should be getting $2100 next week. At least I am doing what he wants me to do. I am spending the money. Fun stuff. First, I bought a new shed. It was on sale at Sears, so I saved $100. It was pretty easy to install. The hard part was trying to get the ground level. I don't think it is quite right, because the dorrs are a bit hard to close. It is hard to make the ground perfectly level.

Next, Jessica just called me to say she found a Wii at Target. I hope she will get a few good games too. I know we should probably pay off bills and try to save some of the money, but it is hard not to be impulsive.

Finally, we have a new addition to the family. I may have mentioned that I've wanted a Boston Terrier for a long time. A guy I know from college had two. I guess they were his mom's, but they are SO cute and fun. Anyway, we got one yesterday. I didn't really want to spend as much as I did, but I was able to talk them down to about half price. We made up for the discount though by buying a cage, bed, and toys. Her name is Daisy. So far, she has been the best behaved puppy ever. Lexie will always be my favorite puppy, but Daisy is right up there too. Only one accident in the house so far. Not too bad for a little doggie. Pictures coming soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jim got pulled over for speeding last night. He didn't get a ticket but the cop took so long searching the car that Jim wet his pants. In the police car!! I wonder what the cop said later when he found the puddle. I didn't say anything but it was funny. 330 423 5899 (potty pants)

Anonymous said...

Have fun with your wii. We got one for Christmas, but I never play it. Katy does sometimes though. I guess since I grew up with no video games, I can't seem to get hooked now as an adult. Oh well...

Now the puppy - there's something to be really excited about!! Dogs are the best creatures ever!! I really want a second dog, but I don't think our little house can hold another one along with Kris, Katy, Molly and I. Plus I think Molly is too old to accept another puppy into her territory.

We're not getting much for the tax rebate. But.... I think we're going to use what we do get to buy plants for the back yard. Time to landscape!

Woody! said...

The president WANTS you to go out and spend your refund rather than pay bills. So you should feel good about it AND the Wii. Let me know how the console is.

Anonymous said...

That's so cool about Daisy! Can't wait to see pictures.