Monday, May 19, 2008

Gas sucks

I went to get some gas Friday before having, yet another, bad week at playing cards. I have stopped filling my tank all the way. I drive a minivan, which isn't as bad as you think (I have a comfortable seat and plenty of hauling room in the back), but I have a 20 gallon tank. When gas prices are almost $4 per gallon, you can do the math. Since I don't do most of the driving anymore, I only put in about a half tank every time I fill up. Sure, I could get a full tank and go to the gas station less often, but I just have a problem with paying $80 for a tank of gas. In the meantime, gas and oil companies are still posting record earnings. Anyone else think that they are gauging the American people? If gas prices are really as high as we need to pay, and people are buying less gas because of the costs, how are these black souled companies still posting record gains? I'm just glad Jessica has a car that gets good mileage. Hopefully Bryan and Gretchen don't go broke paying for gas on their country wide trip.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Yeah - this gas thing is really starting to stink. We only fill up the cars every 2 weeks, so I guess we're pretty lucky, but it still sucks!!!

We're planning a roadtrip to Maine this summer, but if gas stays this high, we may need to take a vacation somewhere closer. Bummer!

Mona said...

I only fill my tank up to $35. For me, going much past that seems crazy. While I have my new car, now, I'm still more used to my little Geo with the lawn-mower engine. I remember when it used to only cost me $18 to fill up that tank. WOW....now that's a thing of the past!

Eric Rhodes said...

The best day is when I get to fill up using our Giant Eagle gas discount. For every $50 you buy in groceries, you get ten cents off per gallon. So, some days we get cheap gas.