Monday, May 26, 2008

Busy Weekend

Saturday - Alydia's party was fun. She got several nice presents from family and friends. Her favorite seems to be clothes. She is SUCH a girl. Oh, and she got some little kid make up. Nothing whorey, just stuff like lip gloss and nail polish. I think Jessica likes playing dress up as much as Ally does. The food was good, the drink was good, everything was good.

Sunday - Since it was so nice out and I had my parents around to help out with everything, I was able to get a lot of yard work done. I started the day by putting in the veggie garden. YIPPIE!! So far, I have tomatoes, peppers, and cucumers going. I still have room for green beans and squash. I just LOVE summer time fresh veggies. Especially the tomatoes. they are SO much better than the store bought ones. I also cleaned out my garage. It ws getting pretty bad. Now that I have a shed and all of the gardening stuff is in it, I have alot more room in the garage. Plenty of room to park in there again. I think I am going to let Jessica park in there from now on so that, when it is snowing, she will be able to go to work without needing to scrape her car off first. Plus, her car is in better shape than mine now. I have scratched and dings all over my car.

I will try to put pictures from the party up n my Flickr page soon.

3 comments:

Betsy said...

You're such a bragger. I'm going to come over and go shopping at your farmer's market in a month or so when all the veggies start coming in. I'm just hoping my little "tomatoes on the deck" experiment works. Maybe someday we'll have a yard that can support veggie growth, and I will have figured out how not to kill everything I touch!

Woody! said...

Good job with the garage. I need to clear out my apartment and hopefully your effort will inspire me.

Eric Rhodes said...

Tomatoes on the deck should work. they just won't get too big.