Monday, May 05, 2008

Multi Post Maddness!!!

I tend to go days without thinking of things to post, then I get all sorts of stuff at once. I guess it makes sense since I only get the chance to post every once in a while. I could make several posts, save them, and post them periodically, but I am a lazy creature.

Iron Man - I took noah to see Iron Man last night. The previews had me really pumped up for this movie. I was a little worried though because previews tend to show only the good bits of the movie and the rest of the film could suck balls. Plus, Robert Downey Jr is not my favorite actor. However, after seeing the movie, I can't picture another actor playing Tony Stark. He did a good job. All in all, I really enjoyed this movie. the effects were really good, there was good action, some levity, and I think it did pretty well for a 'superhero origin' movie. I am not sure how accurate it was compared to the comic book, but I liked it. The ending was a little predictable, but there aren't any more original ideas out there. It would be difficult to make a movie that didn't have a predictable ending. If you didn't hang around for the final scene (after the credits) you didn't miss much. Apparently, Samuel L Jackson is going to be playing Colonel Fury of SHIELD. I don't see that as a good fit. I like Sam L, but don't see him in this roll.

The Wii is going pretty well so far. The kids love it. I went and bought a few more games and accessories for it yesterday. I got Mario Carts Wii with a racing wheel, Super Mario Galaxy, Resident Evil 4, and a gun thing that came with a Zelda game. The gun and racing wheel are just molded pieces of plastic that the Wii remotes plug into. They just provide stability and a life like feel to the games. When you tuen the wheel right, you turn right. Really, you are just turning the Wii remote, but the wheel helps a little. The gun is a little different. I thought that with Resident Evil 4, the gun thing would work like a gun. Pull the trigger and you shoot. Not quite. If you pull a different trigger and press A, you shoot. Kind of akward and it has turned me off the the game so far. I will go back to it when I have more time. I am tempted to get a classic controller or a Game Cube controller to see if that will make the game play more like Halo 3 on my Xbox 360.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

I loved Iron Man. Glad you liked it, too. What did Noah think of it?

That's really weird how the Wiimote sometimes makes things more complicated than it needs to be. Overall, seems like a neat machine but I don't see it matching my gaming style. Although, I hope the 360 starts to adopt some of what the Wii offers.

Eric Rhodes said...

I am definately glad that I have my 360, but the Wii is a nice change of pace. I really like Mario Cart Wii and Wii Sports. Still, nothing will make me as happy as scoring a double kill with a plasma grenade in Halo 3.

I think Noah really liked the movie too. I didn't know much about Iron Man until I saw the film, but now I wish that I had read the comics back in the day. I look forward to I M 2.