Thursday, May 29, 2008

Will they be Worth the Dough?

There are alot of movies Jessica and I want to see this summer. I love movies. I mostly buy DVDs, but a 42 inch TV just isn't as good as going to the big screen for the full theatrical experience. DVDs are a hel of a lot cheaper though. $15-$20 for a DVD makes more sense than $20 for the tickets, $10-$20 for drinks and snacks, and $30-$40 for a sitter. Plus, you can watch a DVD over and over, plus you can pause it to go pee. Anyway, here are the films we want to see, in no particular order:

Get Smart - Could this have been cast any better? I watched Get Smart re-runs as a kid, so this should be a cool blast from the past.

The Hulk - Jessica has a thing for Edward Norton. This will probably be delegated to a DVD watching.

The Happening - We love M Knight Shyamalan movies. They are always off the beaten path and pretty original. Some are scary, all are good.

Indiana Jones - This will be the first Indy film we have the chance to see in a theater. If Harrison Ford keeps this up, he may break a hip.

The Dark Knight - I hope this is at good as the last Batman flick. It looks like it is going to be great.

Hancock (maybe, probably a DVD pick) - Will Smith as a grumpy, moody superhero. It looks interesting. We'll see.

Of course, there is the new Harry Potter movie in November and Star Trek in December, but I am talking summer movies here. Did I miss any?

3 comments:

Betsy said...

Sex and the City?? What, that's not your manly style? Katy and I will go see it. Kris will amuse himself elsewhere. I kind of forgot about Get Smart, but I'm glad you reminded me. We'll all be going to that one for family night out!!

Eric Rhodes said...

I have instant message capability with others at work. A girl I play cards with said she might come over for a card game tonight, but might go see SITC instead. Is Sex In The City REALLY such a cultural icon that people gave is an acronym? No Betsy, I will not join the throngs of women and gay men flocking to see SITC. A man needs SOME dignity! Though we will probably see Kim Cottrell's boobs.....again..... I am going to pass.

Another one that Jessica wants to see is The Strangers. It looks scary, but will probably get bumped to a DVD viewing.

Bryan said...

Don't waste your money on Indiana Jones. Saw it, wasn't worth it. Did you like the last 3 Star Wars? About as good but with bad writing and a worse plot. Harrison Ford was great, but you would think taking 20 years to write a movie Spielberg could come up with something better then cheesy aliens.