Sunday, May 11, 2008

More

I think I am getting a little irritated with BSG this season. What started out as a kick ass show with all sorts of action, drama, and great effects has turned into an almost boring show with little action and infused with heavy religious overtones. Baltar is turning into some sort of Christ figure, Roslin is turning into some sort of Moses, Starbuck is being painted as the anti-Christ and the show is more about One God verses many gods than it is Cylons verses humans. Last week's Cylon civil war was exciting, but little else is going on that I am interested in. I'm glad this is the last season. I REALLY hope that there are some exciting changes and revelations to come. The more they say that Starbuck is going to lead the fleet to distruction, the more I think Earth is going to be bad news for the fleet and the Cylons.

I watched an interesting show on NetFlix.com called Dexter. It is a Showtime show about a serial killer with morals. Like Morbius, the comic book vampire, Dexter only kills the wrong doers of the world. Sounds like it would be a weird show, but it is pretty good. Dexter actually works with the police as a CSI. He finds proof of killers and, if the system lets them go, he kills the bad guys. I really liked the show.

As promised, I put more pictures on my Flickr page. Lots of pictures of the kids, the puppy, and some flowers in our yard. There is a link on the right.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard about that show and kind of wanted to see it. Maybe I'll check it out. :)

Woody! said...

I've been falling behind on the last couple weeks of BSG. I'll admit, I'm not as high on it as I was a month ago.

Anonymous said...

I'm taking this shameless opportunity to let you know I've joined the blogging world 3 years after all you guys. I'm at betsyruetz.blogspot.com if you'd like to read my crazy rantings. :)

And to make things worse, I just cut and pasted this comment from Mona's comments. It's worse than spam comment, it's recycled spam comment.

Eric Rhodes said...

Welcome Betsy.