Saturday, May 10, 2008

stuff

I went ahead and ordered tickets for this coming Ohio state football season. If nothing else, I can go, tailgate, and have some fun. I still hate the idea of paying $130 for two football tickets. I guess that's the price you pay when youare a fan or a perennial powerhouse. The Buckeyes are pre-season number one. It doesn't mean much, seeing as how no one has played yet, but with 18 returning starters, they should have a good team.

I played poker last night. I did pretty good for a while, but then the cards got cold for me. Still, I played for seven hours on my first buy in, so I guess it was an OK night. Some guys bought in several times. I wish I could have taken some of that money home with me, but that's how it seems to be going with me. I walked away when my ace high straight lost to quad kings. Damn. THAT's not something you expect. I did make a great play earlier in the night when I had pocket tens. Another play kept calling me as I bet and then he bet $40 after the last card came out. I read the hand right and made the call on his bluff. He was not happy. I was a little irritated when he said he didn't know if I was a good player that made a good call or a bad player that made a bad call. Whatever. I read him right and won a big pot.

I am going to try to upload some pictures to my Flickr page this weekend. Sorry for the delay.

No comments: