Monday, July 30, 2007

Ohio: The Number Two State

Once again an Ohio team got to the title game of a sport and came in second. It seems to be our lot in life. OSU got to the National Title Game for football against Florida, and lost. Then, they got to the National Title Game for basketball against Forida, and lost. The Cleveland Cavs got to the NBA Finals, and lost. Now, the Columbus Destroyers got to the Arena Bowl, AND LOST!! Anyone see a pattern? I didn't watch a single game of the Destroyers season until the Arena Bowl yesterday, and then I only half watched it as I worked. It really isn't my bag, but I wanted to witness an Ohio team, ANY Ohio team, bring home the gold. My first taste of bitterness at a loss of an Ohio team was when the Cleveland Browns lost to Denver in the playoffs, twice, years ago. I've also seen the Cleveland Indians get close to the World Series and the Cavs get close to the NBA title. I'm probably wrong, but the only title that I can remember an Ohio team winning in my lifetime is Ohio State's win in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. Ever since then, it has been close, but no cigar. A perfect year for me would be a National Title for Ohio State in ALL sports and the Cleveland Browns, Indians, and Cavs to win their respective titles along with the Columbus Bluejackets and Crew (the Destroyers too, I guess). Sorry Woody, but I gotta put the Bowns above my desire to see the Bengals win the Super Bowl. Of course, it is more likely that the Bengals will do it first, but I a not a huge Cinci fan. Anyway, the Arena bowl was close in the first half, but they the Destroyers ended up losing by about 22, I think. I forget who they played, but they got an ass whoopin'.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

I don't know. Based on what you said, maybe it wouldn't be a good thing for the Bengals to make the Super Bowl this year.

Then again, I'm not turning down a chance at an NFL Championship if the chance is there.