Thursday, July 19, 2007

I need to start writing stuff down.

I can't believe it. At age 32 (I had to do the math real quick) my memory has turned to shit. It's my mom's fault. Genetically, at least. My grandma had altzeimers real bad and my mom fears she will be the same way. I will probably be right there in years to come. Why do I think this? I come up with ideas and think of things that I need to do, but if I don't write them down, these ideas and plans are forgotten quicker than water through a strainer. I usually don't post Tuesday and Wednesday because I don't usually come down to my office. I think of things to post some times, but if I don't write the ideas down or post right away, I usually forget what I am posting. Anyway, I had a senior moment a few minutes ago when I forgot I was going to post about Doctor Who and Eureka.

THANK GOD FOR SCI FI IN THE SUMMER

Otherwise my summer viewing schedule would suck. Doctor Who and Eureka are two good shows that supliment my summer viewing. David Tennant is starting to grow on me as the Doctor. I really liked the second episode when the hospital he was in was transported to the moon. He absorbed some radiation and then shook it down into his shoe in front of his new friend. He took his shoe off, she said he was mental, and he agreed because wearing only one shoe looked silly. It translates poorly on a post, but was funny in the episode.

Eureka is about a top secret, hidden, town of geniuses that invent new wave high tech stuff that often malfunctions. The sherriff, a US Martial who stumbled into Eureka, kind of stumbles into solutions for the malfunctions. It is a pretty good show with neat ideas.

As a side note, the commercials I am seeing for BSG are a little troubling. Admiral Cane was in one. I hope they are not jumping back to before she was offed. Maybe they are going to go in depth about the Pegasus' crew and their route after the Cylon attack. I hope not. It would piss me off if they would drop the "these guys are all cylons" bomb on us and then avoid that whole story line next season.

3 comments:

Woody! said...

You're right, it's hard to explain that Dr. Who shoe scene because the delivery by the actor was flawless. I've been enjoying this season even though I'm a little behind. Same with Eureka. BSG, too. Which means it looks like I just read some spoilers. I probably should have caught up by now to avoid that. It's only been a few months!

Eric Rhodes said...

I don't think that I spoiled anything for you Woody. I was pretty vague about my BSG comment, other than seeing Admiral Cane in the commercial, I didn't really specify any names. And yes, you really should be caught up by now. Any you're right about David Tennant's performance. He's really been growing on me. I just noticed that he wears Converse Allstars with his suit. Reminds me a little of Tom Baker's gawdy scarf.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about your memory. I am the same way. Sometimes I forget in mid sentence what I was going to say. This is how I see it. We just have so many fabulous ideas in our head that the old ones are constantly being pushed out by the new ones. We are too smart for our own human size head. Hard thing to live with being so smart uh?