Saturday, July 28, 2007

I need to check and see if I have a vagina


Not only do I watch homo-suspicious shows like American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance (mostly Jessica watches them and I don't NOT watch), but lately I have been we have been watching an old show called China Beach. It is an '80s show about a R&R site/hospital in Vietnam during the war. It's a pretty good show, actually, but has some bad acting and an occasional cheesey story. Typical '80s TV. I would class it as a chick flick-type show, but it's not bad due to the occasional war action and attractive women. One of the show highlights is Dana Delaney (seen on the left here). I always thought she was attractive. She is a nurse in the show and apparently, likes to run around in her bra and panties. Marg Helgenberger from CSI and Robert Picardo from Star Trek Voyager are both in the show. I don't know that the show would be for everyone, but Jessica likes it because of the nurse connection. I won't go on too much about China Beach, but it is sometimes on the History Channel or the Halmark Channel. It's a decent show if there is nothing else on.
As a side note, Dana Delaney is reported to be one of the newest cast members on Desparate Housewives, one of my guilty pleasures. If you follow the link, you will also see that Mal is joining the cast too. Nathan Fillion will be Dana Delaney's husband on the show. It is good that Mal keeps getting jobs. It will be weird watching him as a resident on Wisteria Lane instead of shootin' bad guys and delivering clever one liners.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

Yeah, way too many chick shows on your plate lately. BSG can't get on the air soon enough for your sake.

At least you have an excuse as these are Jessica's shows and you're along for the ride... right?

Eric Rhodes said...

Totally along for the ride. When the guys are dancing, I usually read, and only look up to watch the hotties. I do have Dr Who and Eureka for my manly shows. Of course, I have to DVR those and watch them while Jessica is at work. I don't get why she watches her shows in real time and I have to DVR mine. I guess I wear the skirt in the relationship.