Friday, July 27, 2007

A Few Updates


HARRY POTTER MOVIE - As mentioned in the comments of my last post, I went to see the latest Harry Potter film. It was really good. Therre was alot of action and good special effects. The story was good too, of course. Order of the Phoenix has been my favorite book to date. The only issue I have with these movies is that there is SO much more in the books that never makes the silver screen. The same is true for Order of the Phoenix. I guess the same is true for any book turned into a movie. Still, a good movie. The only issue I had was with the theater. We went to the Movie Tavern, where you can order food and sit at tables, and they did not turn the lights off until all the food was served. That means that we had to watch several minutes of the movie with lights glaring off the screen. I'm doing pretty well with the latest book. I get a little tired of all of Harry's whining though. He's going up against the most dangerous and evil person in the world. Get over yourself!! I know teens are full of hormones and aggression, but it gets a little old after a while.

DEAD RISING - I finally beat Dead Rising. The real ending this time. I got through the game once, but did not make it back to the helocopter in time, so I didn't really beat the game the first time. This time I got to the chopper, which caused 'overtime mode'. It took me a long time to get through overtime mode, mostlt because the commandoes kept kicking my ass. They had body armor, so guns were not too effective. I figured out swords worked well though. I got through to the end and completed the game, causing infinity mode. I haven't played it yet, but am hoping that there are no time limits for any of the quests. I should be able to get more, if not all, of the quests completed.

FUNNY ONIONS - I went to the Sam's to pick up some things (when you have three kids, you need to buy things in bulk) and I went to grab some onions. They were the funniest onions I have ever seen. Not actually the onions themselves. They were orginary run of the mill onions. It was the packaging. Did you know that NASCAR sponsored onions? I found this to be HI-LARIOUS. Don't believe me? Well, that's why I added the photo. Now, I get Wheaties boxes, even some of the special edition cans of pop and packages of snacks, but who knew that a bad of vidalia onions peaked enough of a buzz to make NASCAR want to sponsor them. I mean, how ofter do you peal an onion and think to yourself, "I needs to watch me some NASCAR."? I chuckle a bit just thinking about it.
SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE? - I watch too many of these stupid talent/reality shows. Mostly because there is nothing else on and Jessica likes them. One of the shows is So You Think You Can Dance? It's like American Idol, but with dancers. I was actually reading the latest HP book last night, more than I was watching the show, but it was on. I mostly look up to see hot women in the sexy dancer outfits. Also, the dancing can be a little interesting. It amazes me how these people can make their bodies twist and move. Some of the dances they have to do are a little silly sometimes though. Another fun side effect is that Alydia always dances when this show is on and it is SO CUTE!! I enjoy watching her dance. I should really video tape it some time, since we have that fancy video camera.

4 comments:

Woody! said...

Congrats on beating Dead Rising. It took me forever to beat that Brock guy at the end and that was almost always by luck.

Although, you still got a lot of work to do to get 1000 achievement points. :)

Eric Rhodes said...

I found the easiest way to beat Brock was to get on the lowest part of the tank. As he jumps down, you kick him. He jumps back up without kicking your ass. I am looking forward to infinity mode.

Anonymous said...

I have not gotten into the Harry Potter thing. . . at least yet. Do you think I would like it? I like charm. Hmmm I like Cole. Anyhow, do you think I would like Harry Potter? Should I read the books or watch the movies? I don't want to do both.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah the onion thing is funny. We are building a red neck house. Our house wrap is by DuPont and it says NASCAR all over it. Thank God For Siding!