Sunday, July 15, 2007

I lied

I know I said that I would post more about our trip to California, but I have a few other items I feel I need to address first:

First, a few trip tid-bits that I should have added to yesterday's post: 1. there are more Spanish TV channels in LA then English speaking channels. 2. Denny's is a heart attack waiting to happen. We don't have Denny's in Columbus (that I know of) so when we went to one in CA, I was suprised a the about of meats on each breakfast. Each egg dish came with bacon AND sausage as a side. There were other dishes that included extra bacon and sausage, plus even more that had ham and smoked sausage added to the meat mix. The craziest, heart-stopping meal was the 'caver omelet' which was stuffer with ham, sausage, and bacon, then topped with cheese sause, and served with a side of bacon and sausage. I needed a triple bypass just looking at the picture.

Xbox news: To NCAA 08 or not to? NCAA Football 08 is coming out this week. Do I want to buy it? I sort of do because all of the online gamers will be upgrading and I will need to as well if I want to play any online football games. Still, I have a few other games I need to attend to first and may not have the time to give the game the attention needed for me to be competative online. I'll probably cave and get it.

I beat Dead Rising last night. Well, sort of. I should say that I completed the game. I killed the last 'boss' the butcher, but the these army commandos came in and kicked my ass, tied me up, and I missed the deadline to escape with the truth. The game saved and I now haev to start over. I will probably keep playing so that I can kill more bad guys and save more people. Plus, there area alot of achievements that I need to complete. Still I was frustrated that I got to the end of the game and then got my butt kicked in a heartbeat and catipulted back to the beginning of the game.

TRANSFORMERS: I took the boys to see Transformers this past Friday. I figured it was a good way to unwind and also give the girls some alone time. Plus, I really wanted to see it. It was pretty good. There were a few editing schemes I would have avoided (like the smattering of slow motion action segments here and there) but all in all, I thought it was pretty well done. The effects were neat, there was plenty of action, and a hot girl. What more do you need? I didn't like that the Autobots were all Chevys. Bumblebee is supposed to be a VW Beetle, not a Camaro. Still, other than that, I was pleased with some of the old school dialogue like, "One shallstand and one shall fall." Oh, and did I catch that Prime and Megatron are supposed to be brothers? Hmm. All in all, this is a movie that I will probably buy when the DVD comes out.

I still need to see Harry Potter. The new book is out this month too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had fun on your trip. So what is this Lego Land? Is it a amusement park with Lego theme? It it anything like Cedar Point?

Eric Rhodes said...

Yup, it is an amusement park with a Lego theme. It's a little more small child oriented than Cedar Point though. And it's smaller.