Friday, July 20, 2007

NCAA 08

I went ahead and bought NCAA 07 Football. It's pretty good. I haven't had too much time to play yet though. I started a dynasty and played a few online games. It's amazingly easy to gain ahievements. I picked up a bunch yesterday. One just for playing a game online. I also got others for multiple sacks and big plays. The game plays like the 07 version, but there are some changes. There are more audibles and moves. It's taking me a while to get used to them. My biggest beef with the game is that, after your opponent picks an offensive play, you only get seven seconds to pick one on defense. this was OK in the old version because you could view six plays at a time, but the 08 version only shows you four. It takes time to scroll to the play you want, so sometimes you don't get to the right play in time. As a result, I only played three or four different plays on defense. I think my mistake was playing online before playing a few more games in my dynasty. the AI in the game is easier to beat than an actual person. I would also have a chance to learn more plays. I also need to set up audibles. I used a few back in the day, but I think they will really be beneficial in the new game. My other beef is that it is about ten times easier to throw an interception. The second game I played, I threw easily six interceptions. Pissed me off. Two went back for TD's and I lost the game by 3. I caught 3 or 4 myself, so it's not just that I suck on offense. Ohio State is more average than last year. I never played against them then someone played them online and I never played as them online because of their insane speed on offense and defense. It was unfair and even no talent people could win with OSU in the 07 version. Now, the game has them ranked #12 and they are more average. No Troy, Teddy, or Gonzo. The running game is still pretty good and their linebackers are good too, but the QB and receivers are average. Another thing that suprised me about this game was that, when I started my dynasty, I played a school that I never heard of. In the 07 version, you played the actual 07 season of your team. If that were the case here, I should have played Youngstown State. I have no idea who I played in my first dynasty game on 08. UNW FC or some crazy acronym like that. I clobbered them 52-0.

All in all, I think I will enjoy NCAA 07 Football. I really need to take the time to master the more subtle skills if I am going to be competative online. Otherwise, I will get my ass kicked all over the place.

2 comments:

Woody! said...

I'm probably going to hold off for a bit before getting 08. I was less than impressed about 07 and haven't been bowled over with positive reviews for the next one so I will wait until I can get it a little cheaper.

Eric Rhodes said...

I was going to do that too, but I like playing online. I figured no one would be laying 07 anymore, so I needed to upgrade. I still bet my butt kicked though. I think I am one game under .500. At least I have only been blown out once.