Monday, December 31, 2007

One Game Left

I only have one football game to look forward to this year/season. After the Browns blew it last Saturday against Cincinnati, they needed Indianapolis to pull through and beat Tennesee. No such luck. After pulling their first string offense, the Colts looked like St. Mary's School for the Blind playing against the Titans. Now, the Browns are out. They are the only ten win team in the NFL not to make the playoffs. Granted, I don't think they would have survived the all road game schedule they would have faced if they did make the playoffs as the wildcard, but it would have been nice to see them have a shot. Now, I don't know if I can get excited about the NFL playoffs. I usually pull for Indianapolis, but after they let me down, I just can't get excited for them. As we Cleveland fans are used to saying: there's always next season!

The one game I have to look forward to, of course, is the BCS National Title game in seven days between Ohio State and LSU. LSU is picked to win by 4 or 5, but I think either team has a legitimate chance of winning. I like that the Buckeyes are under dogs. They may go into the game with a chip on their shoulder. My only concern is that LSU has two mobile QBs to choose from and a mobile QB is one thing that the Buckeye defense has trouble with. Anyone remember a guy names Juice Williams? Still, I a hopful for an OSU win and National Title.

I guess am looking forward to today and tomorrow as well. Some pretty good bowl games coming up. (OK, so I am excited about more than one game. So what?) Is it weird that the Indiana/Oklahoma State game is going to be on the NFL Network? I will probably watch Wisconsin take on Tennesee, M*ch*g*n against Florida, and Illinois against USC. I try to hope for all Big Ten teams in the bowls, but I must admit I am a little torn for the UM vs Florida game. This may be a game that I hope for all of the players to get food poisoning and the schools must put in the marching bands to play. Honestly though, I see UM getting their asses kicked by a tough Florida squad. It will also be interesting to see if Hawaii can finish an undefeated season against the team that could be playing in the BCS title game.

1 comment:

Woody! said...

Happy New Year! Enjoy the games!