Monday, December 03, 2007

Here we go again!

Once again Ohio State is in the BCS National Title Game. Nice. Honestly, I was perfectly content playing in the Rose Bowl, but then West Virginia and Missouri both lost Saturday night. It's a Festivus Miricle! The Buckeyes will meet the LSU Tigers, which is the match-up that everyone wanted before both teams lost late in the season. I think it is going to be the best match-up in the country, but I also think some teams got boned. For example, Georgia was ranked 4th last week, behind Ohio State (3rd), and both the #1 and #2 teams lost. Shouldn't that mean that the #3 and #4 teams should become #1 and #2? Then, there is Kansas, the only "big conference" team with one loss. Finally, Hawaii was undefeated this season. Sure, they had the weakest schedule in the nation, but they won all of their games.

Honestly, I don't know too much about LSU. I know that they are good and that they won the SEC title. They dropped two games, one to Kentucky and the other to Arkansas (both in triple OT), but they won six games against top 20 teams. They have a good QC, a 1000 yard rusher, and several good receivers. Also, their defense is tough and hard hitting, much like the Ohio State defense. I think that the LSU offense will give the OSU defense fits, buthopfully the Buckeyes learned their lesson when it comes to playing a team with a QB that can run. I believe that I have heard that LSU is favored in the game by five points. I am hoping that this game will resemble the 2002 BCS title game. No one thought that Ohio State could do anything against Miami, but the Buckeyes shocked the world by winning the game. I am excited to see what happens. GO BUCKS!!!

Special props to Illinois for going to the Rose Bowl to play USC. I fear that they may get their asses kicked, but hope that they show the country that the Big Ten is not the push over conference that everyone seems to think it is. Also, it looks like M*ch*g*n will get to have thier asses handed to them by Florida in the Capital One Bowl. Honestly, I hope the boys in blue win. I always try to support the Big Ten in the bowl games. I won't cheer if scUM wins, but I will be glad if Florida loses. Here is the bowl schedule.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.