Sunday, August 26, 2007

School Fun

Gabriel and Noah started school Wednesday. Both seemed pretty excited about going. Especially Gabriel. He has been wanting to go to school ever since we moved to Hilliard and took him out of his daycare. He is a very social kid. He is also very clumsy. He already fell at recess and we got a call from the nurse. Just a few bruises, but they always call. He has also met a friend on the sdchool bus that lives a few streets over from us. Gabe's firend's name is, what else? Gabe. If they start hanging out, one will need to be Gabe R (mine) and the other Gabe W (the friend). I'm sure that he will be making more friends from his class, but I am still glad that there is a kid in our neighnorhood that he can play with. Anyway, the house is very quiet during the week. Just me and Alydia on my days off. Plus, when the boys are home, they are more worn out for a long day of classes. Less butting of heads. Hopfully Noah will start making more friends so that he actually goes out and does something. I don't remember sitting around doing nothing when I was a teen. Well, not all the time at least. Oh well, what can you do?

8 comments:

Bryan said...

Ya, we went out, threw things in people's yards, toilet paper, etc. We also had band and just general beating up on each other. Fun fun.

Eric Rhodes said...

yeah. we had good times. backyard football, watching bad movies, eukre, general mischief. The best TP job I remember was Betsy's house. She had a TON of trees. She always said, 'Don't TP me. My parents will kill me.' but then she would go out and TP. Payback was fun. Ann Stateczny's house was fun to get too, but it was done so much it lost it's appeal. Ah, to be a kid again.

Anonymous said...

Was it hard to see Gabe start school? I am already worried about sending Emma off with strangers to be responsible for her. I think I need to send her to preschool more for me than her.

I often miss high school. You guys made it so great. Being in band and getting to know everyone was the best thing in high school. You know Eric. You don't live to far from Betsy's house. You could always show Noah the ins and outs of TPing. I am sure she has at least one tree.

Eric Rhodes said...

that would be hilarious. I can imagine the look on her face seeing the wave of white from her trees. You are SO clever Amy!

Bryan said...

oh, wait till I'm back in town. I'm there.

Anonymous said...

I hated how you guys would nail Amy and I...two birds with one stone. That sucked. My dad would get so mad at me, like I was able to control you guys.

How old is Noah, now?

Eric Rhodes said...

Noah is 13.

For the record, I only did Amy's house. With you, I think Mona. :) Just kidding. I don't think I ever got either one of you. Maybe once. The best was when Amy tried to TP Rinnert while he was having a party using TP from his house. The cop showing up was priceless.

Anonymous said...

My parents thought it was hilarious when we got TP. I did not think so much trying to get the TP out of tree with tiny branches sticking up all over. Ahhhh the days . . .

It was never proven that I was actually TPing Bryan's house.