Monday, August 27, 2007

I like shopping

I have two personality issues (ok, probably more): 1. I eat when I am in a bad mood. 2. I shop when I'm in a good mood. Today, I will touch on the second issue.

Last week, you know that the kids started school. To celebrate, Jessica and I both too a day off so that it was just us and Alydia in the house. It was nice. I was in a great mood. Anyway, our couch is falling apart. It has a hole in it and the cushins are getting deformed. They are pillows instead of the attached chushy back things. Also, since my parents come to town alot, I wanted to get a pull out bed rather than making them use an inflatable bed on the flood. It will be more comfortable for them and anyone else that may need to stay the night. Anyway, we went to get a new couch. Actually, it is a sectional shaped like an L with a chaise (sp?) lounge on the side. It will replace the couch and the chair. I also stopped at Best buy to pick up seasons 1-5 of Angel, which was on sale for $15 per season (I am still a DVD whore).

My grill died. I could probably have it repaired, but I was wanting a new one that was bigger. So, I upgraded. I got a Kenmore four burner grill and a rotisserie attachment. I can't wait for it to get here. On top of that, I got myself a father's day/early birthday gift of a workbench for the garage. I had tools all over the place and was tired of the mess. It's pretty nice. One side has three drawers and the other has a cabinet. It was a pain to put it together, but I managed.

Oh, on my previous list of DVDs to get in the coming months, I failed to realize that Heroes is out on DVD this Tuesday. I am looking forward to seeing it again from the beginning. I worry a little about next season a little bit. I wonder where they are going to go with the story. I guess they implied that Sylar was still alive. I think I saw a commercial saying it starts in a month or two. That will be nice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your personality traits sound like mine. I only like shopping when I'm in a good mood. If I'm in a bad mood, there's no way I want to drive anywhere and try to deal with crowds of shoppers. Unless I'm shopping for food, of course. Like yesterday, I was in a bad mood because of my stupid phone dying on me. So, I decided that going to Taste Cafe (awesome lunch place around the corner from me) was in order and I bought a lot of food, including a chocolate cupcake with chocolate buttercream icing. Mmmmmmmmmm......cupcake.

Anyway, I have to shop soon. I need a bed-frame and a dresser. Both items that tend to cost big bucks if you want something decent. We'll see how it goes.

Eric Rhodes said...

I usually eat more when I am in a bad mood, but sometimes spending money can cheer me up too. Usually, I would buy something I don't need, like movies or Xbox games. Ice cream is my mood enhancer of choice.

Bed frames aren't too expensive if you keep them simple. If you want a head board, that is where the price goes up. Value City Furnature is usually pretty good about prices and quality. that's where we got our new dresser. Sofa Express has some good stuff too. That's where we got our couch. they have bedroom stuff too now.

Sorry about your phone. I think mine is about to die too. I pay for the warranty though, so I can get a new one for free.

Bryan said...

Heros starts Sept 24th or something like that, saw an ad last night. The DVD also has an unaired pilot, I wouldn't mind seeing it myself. Bionic Woman also looks cool for next season.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm Value City for furniture? I don't know about that one. Neal had a living room set from there and it was such crap. It did not wear well at all and he was living alone without pets. We finally just up grade to my parents old used furniture which is 32 years old and it is in much better condition after four kids and pets. I would be leery of spending money there. But, then again I have only seen one living room set from them and I can't say much. Lisa got her stuff from Sofa Express (near the spring meadow movie place I think that is sofa express right?) Anyhow after six years and a cat it looks perfectly new. I have never bought new furniture so I really can say too much. Once we move we will be buying some. I am lucky anything made out of wood including bed frames Neal is going to make. Post pictures of your new furniture!

Eric Rhodes said...

The dresser we got at Value City is pretty solid. No complaints yet and it is over two years old. We got our kitchen table and chairs there too. I like them as well. I guess any furniture can be hit or miss.

The couch that we got at Sofa Express a while ago is the one that we are replacing. It is pretty solid as far as the frame goes, but the cushins and apolstery are falling apart. Kids do that to furniture, I guess.