Monday, March 12, 2007

IPods are Neat

So, this weekend Jessica decided that she wanted an Ipod. Honestly, I had been looking at them for a while, I just didn't know which one to get. Anyway, Jessica said that she wanted one to listen to while she is excercising or doing house work and ended up getting a 2 gig IPod Nano. It is the generic white color since I told her it was dumb to pay $50 extra for a pink or blue IPod (she wanted pink). I was nice and let her use my gift cards that I won a while back. I figured I'd be nice since I didn't know what I wanted to get with the gift cards and I figured it best to spend 'free' money rather than dipping into our checking accounts. Of course, this was when I thought that I would have some access to the Ipod. I was wrong. It's OK though. I don't like half of the songs that Jessica put on her Ipod. Alot of classic rock that is alright, but not really my cup of tea. I must say, the Ipod is making me feel old already. I have always been pretty good at figuring out technology, but the Ipod is a completely different monster. I tried to add songs to it and was immediately frustrated. I tried to use Media Player, but apparently, you can only down load songs from ITunes. It's OK though, because it is free and you can transfer songs already saved on Media player over to the ITunes format. It was irritating because, they only gave you a little hand out about loading music. No real step by step directions. I guess they figured that people are smart enough to figure out how to add song. Apparently, people like me weren't in the test group. Still, I think that I am bitten by the Ipod bug. I think I may get one this week. The reason why I didn't get one when Jessica did is because, 1. I thought I would be able to use Jessica's and 2. I didn't want to spend all of our money with bills on the way. All that has changed though since we received out tax return. Now, there is plenty of extra cash to blow on shiney new trinkets. I am thinking about getting a 30 gig IPod so that I can put all of my music on it and put my CDs in storage. I may just go with the 4 gig IPod. It depends on the price and features. Do any of you have an IPod? What do you like/not like?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have an iPod, but I'll probably get one in the next month or two. I had an mp3 player (the generic name for players) awhile ago and I liked it. Since it was a cheaper one that wasn't widely used, the software can't be put on my new computer (Windows XP won't install it). So, that's why I want an iPod this time. They are popular and prolly won't ever not work.

Eric Rhodes said...

yeah. The main technology will always be updated, I would assume. The only hassle is going to be gatting all of my music on to ITunes. It is currently on Media Player, which doesn't work with Ipods.

Anonymous said...

So that is why you wanted Jessica to get the plan white one instead of the pink one . . . you wanted to use it . . .

Amy :) said...

I have a 20gb one (a few generations old, not available anymore) and I dont even have it half filled. I love it though - listen to it in the car all the time. Its very nice to be able to put your CDs in storage too.

Eric Rhodes said...

I'm starting to think that the 30 gig IPod is a bit too much. I have put over 1000 songs on it and it is not even 1/4 of the way full. I guess I can get movies and stuff on it, but I would have to buy them. I am a bit excited about the ability to buy one song at a time off of Itunes. That will be nice for when I only like one song on an album.