Thursday, February 22, 2007

Nice things

So, there has been an encentive program at my work lately. Basically, there are two parts: If you meet certain criteria (make few mistakes) every month, you 1. get some time off (like 2 hours) and 2. a ticket thrown into a drawing. The drawing was for two $500 gift cards to anywhere. Well, yesterday, I received a phone call from my manager stating that I had won one of the $500 prizes. Woo-Hoo! I was asked what store I wanted to have $500 from and was stumped. Where would I be able to spend $500? I started to juggle Besy Buy and Target as my top two choices and The Tuttle Mall was also on the list. Actually, the mall was a front runner because it has several stores I could shop in. Then it hit me: Giant Eagle. Giant Eagle is the grocery store where I do my food shopping. "A grocery store?" you ask. Well, Here's the thing: They sell gift cards to all sorts of places, such as Best Buy, Outback Steak House, Sears, and many other places. Plus, for every $50 you spend there, you receive $0.10 off per gallon of gas when you feul up at their pumps. If you can't do the math, $500 = $1.00 off per gallon of gas. I feel brilliant! I can split up my $500 at several stores AND get free gas! Some times I am so smart that I scare myself. Please note: I have already heard all of the "what are you going to buy me" jokes that are possibly out there, so, I will go ahead and say: 'Not a thing!' I may get something for the wife and kids though.

We also got a few new things for the kitchen. Our coffee maker died a few weeks ago, so we got a new one. It is pretty cool. It has a built in coffee grinder. Also, our knives were starting to break and we never really liked them too much (they were a gift) because they are surrated and not really sharp. They are Chicago Cutlery knivesa and are pretty nice. Both the knives and the coffee maker are stainless steel to match most of the other stuff in our kitchen. I get excited about little things sometimes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I don't like my serrated knives either.

Anonymous said...

You're so smart sometimes you scare ME, Eric. :) I think you should try to run on more of that luck and buy a bunch of lottery tickets. :)

Eric Rhodes said...

I was thinking about lottery tickets. What if I blow the $$ on the lottery, but lose it all? Sure, I may get a few bucks or some free tickets, but what are the chances that I would come out on top?

Woody! said...

You have chosen... wisely.